The Indian sanitary market has continued to grow over the years. The range of products and services as well as quality has increased dramatically.
Features of High End and Low End Sanitary Ware Markets in India
- Sanitary ware market in India has both high and low end products and accessories. The main difference between the two is based on quality, cost and fabrication materials.
- High end sanitary items and accessories are expensive and are manufactured using high quality and reliable materials. The materials are carefully selected to provide the requisite function and withstand corrosion. In addition, taps, sinks, bathtubs and toilets are manufactured as per the international standards thus provide comfort and satisfaction when using them. The shape, aesthetics and other features are enhanced to conform to the current trends. The dimensional accuracy of these products is very high.
- Most high end sanitary materials are expensive. Alloys of copper and zinc with arsenic and stainless steel are used to manufacture the pipes while toilets are made from acrylic. Taps, valves and connectors are made from brass or chromium coated steel to make them attractive and durable. The products are also customized to suit the client’s requirements.
- Low end sanitary wares are developed to provide quality services at cost effective prices. Most expensive materials are substituted for cheaper materials such as plastics. The quality of these products is standard as they have to conform to local and international regulations. However, due to substitution of materials, their durability and attractiveness is lower than those of high end market.
Sanitary Products and Services in India
- Sanitary items and accessories installed in bathrooms, kitchen and toilets form a bulk of most sanitary wares in the market. Common sanitary wares include sinks, pipes, toilets, bathroom basins, bathtubs, showers, faucets among others. There are also numerous accessories associated with these wares such as taps, valves, pipe fittings and connectors.
Trends in the Current Sanitary Market in India
- The Indian sanitary market has continued to grow rapidly over the last decade. The industry produces most sanitary wares for the Asia pacific region as well as for local use. The production capacities have doubled in the last ten years.
- The market is comprised of major and minor players. Major suppliers account for over 50% of all production while minor suppliers take the remaining market share. Minor suppliers are unorganized and offer low volumes and prices. Major suppliers offer high quality products in large volumes.
- Water closets provide the largest revenue while cisterns and bathroom basins are ranked second and third. Accessories such as pipes, fittings and valves are also in high demand as they are used in conjunction with major sanitary items.
- It is expected that the market will continue to grow rapidly due to urbanization, improved living standards and general rise in available income. Education on safe sanitary conditions also motivates people to purchase sanitary products.
The sanitary market in India offers high quality and standard sanitary ware for local and international market. It is expected that this market will continue to grow in the future as disposable income and urbanization increases.