Various factors influence the type of sanitary fixtures in the house or home. These fixtures must rhyme with the theme of the decoration of the house as well as fulfill the functional use for these wares. Among the critical importance of these products is to ensure hygiene as well as safety in the house.
Types of Sanitary Wares
- Toilets; various types and designs are available such as one piece toilets, dual flush toilets, close coupled toilets, siphonic toilets, squatting toilets and single bowl toilets. These different designs have different functionalities. The squatting toilets are usually preferred in places with higher traffic of use while the seat toilets for lower traffic. The flushing capabilities are also important distinguishing factors for different types of toilets.
- Bidgets; these are special sanitary wares generally used for cleaning the private parts of the body. Various types are also available depending on the preferences of the user.
- Urinals; Used by the male gender. Current designs have detection systems that will trigger a flushing mechanism after use. In areas of greater use a urinal partition is also available.
- Sinks; consists of basin, tap and drainpipe, and have various uses such as hand washing, washing utensils and washing laundry. Various designs are available such as the pedestal types, wall mounted designs, and the counter sinks.
- Bath tubs; Used for bathing purposes. Designs vary depending on the preferred lengths and the support installed.
Quality Aspects of Sanitary Ware
The material used in the construction of the sanitary ware determines its quality. Metallic sinks and washbasins are available in various designs but they also require regular maintenance to prevent corrosion in the uncoated surfaces.
The most commonly used material for the sanitary items are the ceramic types, which are made of highly cured clay. Ceramic is usually better in that it is inert in nature and has a greater aesthetic appeal than the metallic types.
Role of Sanitary Ware In House Design and Decoration
The color and design of the sanitary ware in the house can be used to determine the decoration of the house. With the current technological developments, it has been possible to introduce color to the ceramic wares during manufacture.
- Printed ceramic wares add and exciting look to the kitchen or the bathroom and the choice of colors can be made to match with colors of the wall hangings as well as wall colors.
- Construction designs such as the shape of the bowl, or the design of the pedestal also gives a good illustration of the decoration of the house.
Sanitary wares are house fixtures, which function to improve hygiene of the house. These fixtures include toilet, bath tubs, bidgets, wash basins and even urinals. The design and the colors used in the construction of these fixtures can improve the decoration of the house thus adding to the comfort of the house.
Various designs available include wash basins with pedestal, printed wares, vitrossa seris, rustic types and wall hanging designs. These designs vary from each other depending on the construction technique as well as the colors applied.
It is also possible to get customized designs from manufacturers that will suit home improvement needs.